LONDON EVENTS – Sunday Markets in London
London is famous for its markets with an abundance of food, furniture, clothes, books, flowers and more being on offer! Markets exist all over London but the Sunday markets are a wonderful experience for people as it gives a really nice relaxed atmosphere for visitors!
London Sunday Markets You Need to Visit!
- Maltby Street Market
Address: Maltby Street, Southwark, Bermondsey, SE1 3PA
Opening Hours: 11am – 4pm
- Small but popular market best known for its fresh produce and baked goods.
- A combination of shops, stalls, pop-up bars and eateries.
- Popular favourites include St John Bakery’s and Monty’s Deli.
- Bayswater Road Market
Address: South side of Bayswater Road, from Clarendon Place to Queensway
Opening Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Outdoor art market has been ongoing for over 50 years.
- Artists lay their oil paintings, watercolours and sketches along the pathways and park railings for your perusal.
- Over 150 artists display their work along with some sculptures and handmade jewellery as well.
Address: Columbia Rd, E2
Opening Hours: 8am – 3pm
- This beautiful flower market has existed in the area since the 1860s.
- Today, it’s a firm London favourite and is located in London’s trendiest area.
- It has gained international recognition in terms of its quality of produce.
- The Up Market
Address: The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
Opening Hours: 10am – 5pm
- In existence since 2004, visit this market to see the wonderful display of amazing world street food, vintage clothes and accessories, homeware and arts and crafts.
- There are more than 140 traders and it includes well-known stalls as well as independent offerings.
Address: Brushfield Street, Spitalfields, E1 6EW
Opening Hours: 10am – 3pm
- The Victorian Market Hall that houses this market was originally built in 1876.
- This market is a mix of traditional market traders and ethic elements.
- You will find everything from fashion to gourmet food, flowers and home wares.
- Petticoat Lane Market
Address: Middlesex St, E1 7JF
Opening Hours: 9am – 2pm
- This clothing market which has been running since the 1750s is a good choice for cheap fashion basics.
- There are stalls with discounted surplus stock from well known high-street retailers, and you will find lots of leather goods.
Address: 54 – 56 Camden Lock Pl, NW1 8AF
Opening Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Lots of choice in terms of vintage clothing as well as club-wear and gothic style outfits.
- Food and drink are available though it’s not a fresh fruit and vegetable market but there are many street food options.
- You will also see an eclectic mixture of jewellery, art and other items that would make nice gifts.
Address: Chatsworth Road Market, E5 0LH
Opening Hours: 11am – 3pm
- Located in a revived area in London with this market being reopened in 2010 having originally set up back in the 1930s.
- It sells a wide range of goods including organic products, vintage clothing and food like slow roasted lamb.
Address: Chapel Market, N1 9PZ
Opening Hours: 10am – 2pm
- Claims to be London’s first legitimate farmer’s market and so as you’d expect there are lots of high quality produce including fruit, vegetable and flowers on offer.
- There are over 30 stalls on a Sunday with a very friendly atmosphere.
Sunday Market Haggling – What to Know!
- If you’re not looking for anything in particular but you just want a bargain of some sort, head to the market in question late in the day. For this you’ll obviously need to know their opening hours so check out our details above.
- If you plan on buying in bulk, say for example you want flowers for a wedding, then ask for a bulk discount. If you don’t ask you won’t receive!
- Be polite and know the etiquette. Some market traders will welcome haggling but others won’t engage. Try to find out before you insult someone!