LIFESTYLE – No cheat day this hot day: Skinny chocolate protein milkshake
The summer heatwave is taking the country by storm. Whilst it can be tempting to reach out for a bowl of ice cream after every meal, you should instead make a protein milkshake. You can recreate the texture and taste of a real milkshake but fill the glass with superfoods instead of fats. The best part is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make. Tim Goodwin, founder of Lean Greens has shared his ultimate recipe for a skinny chocolate protein milkshake to enjoy during this hot weather.
1 and ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk
½ cup of ice
3 tbsp of avocado
1 scoop of Whey Protein Isolate
¼ cup of coconut sugar
¼ cup of cacao powder
Dark chocolate shreds (optional)
- Place the ice cubes, almond milk, protein powder, avocado, sugar and cacao powder into a blender.
- Start at a low speed for around 15 seconds before increasing to max speed for 30 more seconds.
- Serve immediately and garnish with dark chocolate shreds if desired.
Top tips from Tim:
- You can add more avocado, but you’ll need to add in more milk. This will provide a thicker consistency.
- You can use any milk dependent on your preference.
- Our whey protein isolate causes less gut distress than other protein drinks.
- If you’re training daily, you may want to add in an extra serving of powder.
This piece was brought to you by the experts at https://www.leangreens.com
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org